Re: Debugging swish-e to resolve memory leak

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Sat Nov 04 2006 - 23:39:51 GMT
On Sat, Nov 04, 2006 at 02:04:00PM -0800, Gertjan Hofman wrote:
> Thanks for the suggestions. The important package was
> libxml2-dev, which of course installs libxm2.so and
> the header files.
>
> Without that, no build errors, checks pass fine and
> memory appetite is infinite. This still stikes me as a
> bug somewhere - either the configure build script or
> swish-e should complain more loudly about being build
> without libxml2.

libxml2 is not a requirement, although we have talked about removing
the code that does not use libxml2.

What that means is if you index using the HTML parser (instead of
HTML* or HTML2) that it should also eat memory.  If you are using the
XML parser (not XML* or XML2) then maybe it a but in Expat.