Re: Wildcard

From: Howard L. Funk <consult(at)not-real.hlfunk.com>
Date: Thu Nov 02 2006 - 21:55:41 GMT

go to http://www.nnp.org the files contain both the words master and
masters. A search for either of these words gives the correct result.
A search for sponsor yields one result. A search for sponsors yields
one result. A search for sponsor* finds sponsor, sponsors, and sponsorhip.

However a search for sponsor? which I would expect to find sponsor
and sponsors finds only sponsor/

It took me a little while to find an example that would not yield
dozens or more results.

I hope this information can be of help in resolving my problem.

Howard