Re: Swish-e and authorisation-based document access

From: Peter Karman <peter(at)not-real.peknet.com>
Date: Fri Oct 20 2006 - 03:47:42 GMT
William M Conlon scribbled on 10/19/06 6:11 PM:

> Maybe this could/should be more general, so you could just add a
> metatag for each hash key/value combination.  But you would want to
> be careful about collisions with metadata in the actual document.

The version of SWISH::Filter now on CPAN has some preliminary support for this
kind of thing. There are (undocumented) methods in PDF2html for example that
would make that kind of thing very easy:

http://search.cpan.org/~karman/SWISH-Filter-0.07/lib/SWISH/Filters/Pdf2HTML.pm

and view source.

I think passing in via user_data() is the right way to do it, but since each
filter implements the document construction in its own way, it might be that we
can only document a reserved key in user_data() like 'meta' and then leave it up
to each filter to implement.

Certainly some of the methods in the PDF2html filter could be moved in the Base
class since they could be of use elsewhere. I'm thinking of things like
escapeXML() and format_metadata().