Re: more out of memory fun

From: Brad Miele <bmiele(at)not-real.ipnstock.com>
Date: Fri Oct 20 2006 - 02:25:18 GMT
ok, so i am impatient (no new news there). with 2.4.4 and -e it does make
it through eventually. It seems odd that it hangs for about 30 minutes
midway (doesn't do this on other, wimpier boxes) but it does finish.

I am now trying 2.4.4 with -e and incrimental. 2.4.3 would dump core on
this data set in these conditions, if it does, i will move forward with
debugging that, i sort of need incrimental now.

one question about debugging with gdb, what do i do :)? Sorry, i know how
to do gdb swish-e, and then run <switches and whatnot> but what do i do
after the crash to get more info?

finally, why do i need to use -e when i have so many resources? when
swish-e gave that out of memory error, i still had over 2G totally free
via top. sorry that i don't understand a lot of this stuff, and feel free
to direct me to RTFM...

thanks as always,

Brad
Brad Miele