Re: SWISH-E 2.4.4 filters can not locate files

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Wed Oct 18 2006 - 16:11:45 GMT
On Wed, Oct 18, 2006 at 07:59:55AM -0700, David Brown wrote:
> Does this mean that with 2.4.4, paths with spaces and multiple command line
> parameters are not an option?>
> Here's what I'm using now, with swish-e 2.4.3:
>
> 	FileFilter .pdf  "pdftohtml" " -i -q -stdout \"%p\""

What I'm proposing is you would write:

    FileFilter .pdf pdftohtml -i -q -stdout %p

and if you needed to have spaces you would just use double quotes:

    FileFilter .foo some_program -t "This is text with spaces"

Maybe we can now discuss how using .pdf instead of mime types is lame,
too.

> It looks like you would want us to write a Perl wrapper for pdftohtml. Is
> that the practice you're going toward?

Hopefully not.  Not great performance to have to compile a perl
program over and over while indexing.