Re: SWISH-E 2.4.4 filters can not locate files

From: Gertjan Hofman <gertjan_hofman(at)not-real.yahoo.com>
Date: Tue Oct 17 2006 - 17:09:47 GMT
I have to admit, I followed the instructions a bit
blindly.
I can not leave out the quotes if I want to have
options like

FileFilter .rtf       /usr/local/bin/catdoc -s8859-1
-d8859-1 %p

That fails to parse of course.

Now if I add double quotes as below

FileFilter .doc       /usr/bin/antiword "%p"
FileFilter .rtf       /usr/local/bin/catdoc "-s8859-1
-d8859-1 %p"
FileFilter .pdf       /usr/bin/pdftotext   "%p -"
FileFilter .html.gz   /bin/gzip  "-c %p"
FileFilter .ppt       /usr/local/bin/ppthtml "%p"
FileFilter .xls       /usr/local/bin/xls2csv "%p"
FileFilter .ps        /usr/bin/ps2ascii "%p"

After processing  a couple of hundred files, I now get
a segfault, which i do not get on the same files with
my previous quoting (and modifying filter.c to leave
out the escaping).

Whats the best way to compile with debug & use gdb ?

Gertjan