PHP API installation!

From: andy rosbrook <andy_rosbrook(at)not-real.hotmail.com>
Date: Thu Sep 28 2006 - 10:21:09 GMT
Hi all,

Im having some trouble using the php extension, after searching the list
archive i found the post linking me to the CVS folder for the php extension.
I downloaded all the files within that folder but did not have php dev
support to build the extension, so i installed:

http://rpmfind.net//linux/RPM/mandriva/2006.0/i586/media/main/php-devel-5.0.4-9mdk.i586.html

and followed the installation instructions in the cvs:

Installation:
$ phpize
$ ./configure --with-swishe=/usr
$ make
$ sudo make install

which generated numerous files in the directory, I beleive the one that
swishe.php is after is the swishe.so file? Which was installed into a
directory called modules, so I make a small change to the start of
swishe.php:

if(!extension_loaded('swishe')) {
	dl('modules/swishe.so');
}

but still when i load up swishe.php in my browser i get the following:

Functions available in the test extension:

Module swishe is not compiled into PHP
Fatal error: Call to undefined function swishe() in
/var/www/html/yalert/admin2/swish2/swishe.php on line 21

any ideas :(?

thanks
andy

Download the new Windows Live Toolbar, including Desktop search!
http://toolbar.live.com/?mkt=en-gb