Re: various problems on windows

From: Philippe A. <futhark77(at)not-real.gmail.com>
Date: Sat Sep 23 2006 - 14:38:08 GMT

> =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
> 3. Systematic error on PDF files: "May not be a PDF file"
> =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
>
> The complete error is the following:
> Error: May not be a PDF file (continuing anyway)
> Error (0): PDF file is damaged - attempting to reconstruct xref table...
> Error: Couldn't find trailer dictionary
> Error: Couldn't read xref table
>
> I obtain this error with PDF generated by OpenOffice or a PDF printer in
> Windows.
>
> Options I use to parse them are the following:
> IndexOnly .pdf
> FileFilter .pdf ./lib/swish-e/pdftotext.exe '"%p" "%P"'

On my Linux box, I have found neither xpdf nor acroread can open the PDF
causing these errors. I tried indexing a PDF I am able to view and it worked
like a charm. So that problem clearly lies on my side. I don't know what
caused a problem with these PDF, but I shall find out.

to a plain text message.