RFC: SWISH::API

From: Peter Karman <peter(at)not-real.peknet.com>
Date: Fri Sep 22 2006 - 21:00:18 GMT
I am in the midst of making some changes to SWISH::API and while I'm at it,
thinking about Swish-e 3. I wondered what others think about the current
implementation of SWISH::API. Are there things you like about it? Things you don't?

There was a thread here http://swish-e.org/archive/2004-11/8620.html about this
subject awhile back. Just before the last release, as a matter of fact.

Here are some thoughts I've had; please comment.

1. Make it easier to subclass

2. As in the link above, let new() accept an array or arrayref of index names.
Or better yet, key/value pairs like other OO Perl modules.

3. Add an indexing API of some kind.

Don't worry about whether the current code would support your API ideas. Just
toss 'em out here.