SOLUTION: terminal indexing works; cron indexing fails

From: Dan Stieneke <Dan.Stieneke(at)not-real.ontariooregon.org>
Date: Fri Sep 22 2006 - 15:37:20 GMT
OpenBSD 3.9, swish-e 2.4.2 (2.4.3 won't compile on OpenBSD *sigh*)

Problem:
Indexing from terminal was perfect. From cron, it indexed the postscript commands of my .PDF files - huge *and* useless. Tried to emulate my terminal environment w/in cron, but no luck. Searched the archives, found others with similar cron problems.

Solution:
change cron command from "/root/scripts/reindex_website.sh" to "ssh localhost /root/scripts/reindex_website.sh". SSH environment is identical to terminal environment, so cron index works now.

A total cheat, but quick & easy. Just wanted it to make it into the archives so the next guy doesn't spend 2 days hunting this down.

Cheers,
Dan Stieneke
Technology Director
City of Ontario, OR