Re: swish.cgi under Solaris 2.7

From: Steffen Netz <netz(at)not-real.ipms.fraunhofer.de>
Date: Thu Sep 21 2006 - 11:37:00 GMT
Peter Karman wrote:

> Steffen Netz scribbled on 9/19/06 5:07 AM:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm trying the Web-Interface under Solaris.
> > SWISH-E 2.4.3
> >
> >>From the commandline it works fine. But the server gives no
> > results.
> > I've searched, and found ,that the filehandler from
> > 	SwishQuery::real_fork
> > does'nt give any values.
> > I receive 0 hits from apache and x hits from commandline.
> > The $search-Structure seems the same in both cases.
> >
> > How can I debug this further?
>
> put some 'print STDERR' messages in your script and then tail -f the apache err
> log, and/or run the script itself from the command line through the perl -d
> debugger.

O.K. I've used the debugger extensivly. But how can debug a forked process on the
server.
I've printed the $conf structure both from commandline and from the server.
They looked the same.

In the lines:
   my $fh = $^O =~ /Win32/i
             ? windows_fork( $conf, $self )
             : real_fork( $conf, $self );

    # read in from child

    my %stops_removed;

    my $unknown_output = '';

    print MY_R ("Bin vor Schleife :$fh:\n");

    while (<$fh>) {
    }

I get no lines from $fh on the server (neither by wget nor by browser),
but on the commandline (on the same computer).
The parameters are:
                 'swish_command' => {
                                      '-H' => 9,
                                      '-w' => 'swishdefault=(zigbee)',
                                      '-x' =>
'<swishreccount>\\t<swishtitle>\\t<swishdescription>\\t<swishlastmodified>\\t<swishdocsize>\\t<swishdocpath>\\t<swishd
ocpath>\\t<swishrank>\\n',
                                      '-f' =>
'/scratch/20/netz/swish-e/swish-e/netz.ind', '-b' => 1
                                    }

Any idea?

Thanks,

Steffen