Re: Thanks for the effort

From: Peter Karman <peter(at)not-real.peknet.com>
Date: Mon Sep 11 2006 - 18:32:44 GMT
Nikolay Panov scribbled on 9/11/06 10:56 AM:

>> iirc, we still need a Mail filter in the SWISH::Filter collection --
>> have anything you can share?
>
> I need the same thing.
> Going to create wrapper around mailtextbody about the following: to add
> subject to the output and to convert the mailtextbody output from

you might also check out the Mail modules on CPAN. They can probably handle
attachments and convert to HTML or XML as well, which can help with ranking and
search filtering (search only in subject, etc.)

That's been on my own todo list for a long time; that list keeps getting
longer... ;)

>> Do you create small daily indexes and then merge them? Or just reindex
>> everything daily?
>
> Yep, reindex everything. Weekly.

you might try indexing smaller chunks and then merging. Since your content
doesn't change, you're just adding new content, you could avoid the overhead of
reindexing the same stuff over and over again.