Re: Thanks for the effort

From: Nikolay Panov <author(at)not-real.niksite.ru>
Date: Mon Sep 11 2006 - 15:59:24 GMT
Peter Karman wrote:
>> The main feature, which we are waiting for: fully functional
>> incremental indexing.
> yup, that and UTF-8 are high on the todo list.

Glad to hear it.

> how are you indexing those spools? I.e., do you have a filter to
> convert them to html or xml?

I use only mailtextbody program from Debian distribution. This tool
converts messages to plain text.
Better than nothing but not by much.

> iirc, we still need a Mail filter in the SWISH::Filter collection --
> have anything you can share?

I need the same thing.
Going to create wrapper around mailtextbody about the following: to add
subject to the output and to convert the mailtextbody output from

> Do you create small daily indexes and then merge them? Or just reindex
> everything daily?

Yep, reindex everything. Weekly.