Re: Thanks for the effort

From: Peter Karman <peter(at)not-real.peknet.com>
Date: Mon Sep 11 2006 - 15:34:53 GMT
Nikolay Panov scribbled on 9/11/06 10:18 AM:
> Bill Moseley wrote:
>> Do you have anything specific you were looking for in a new release?
>> New features or issues you would like to see resolved
>
> The main feature, which we are waiting for: fully functional incremental
> indexing.

yup, that and UTF-8 are high on the todo list.

> An example: I've indexed my mail and news spool. Mail spool contains 1Gb
> of messages and news spool contains 1.5Gb.
> Every day I receive new mail and news messages. But re-index of this
> data takes a lot of hours and overheats my laptop :o(

how are you indexing those spools? I.e., do you have a filter to convert them to
html or xml? iirc, we still need a Mail filter in the SWISH::Filter collection
-- have anything you can share?

Do you create small daily indexes and then merge them? Or just reindex
everything daily?