Re: Grouping additional MetaNames into swishdefault

From: Z <techlistreader(at)not-real.yahoo.com>
Date: Wed Aug 23 2006 - 13:26:42 GMT
I beleive that you can do this in the query.

Add to the query in you .pl/.cgi file:
or keywords=\"$array{'keywords'}\" or othermetaname=\"$array{'keywords'}\"

This will search the metatag data 'keywords' and 'othermetaname' for the search keyword. (Obviously replave keywords and othermetaname with the metatags you have defined).

It is covered in the following thread:
http://www.swish-e.org/archive/2004-09/8151.html

I have tested it for my own files and have had it work. The problem I find is that if you have many defined metatags, your query could be very long. (In other words, I don't know if there is a better way to do this, but this way does work).

Good luck,

Matthew Stanislawski <stnslwsk@uiuc.edu> wrote: Hi,

I have some HTML files indexed.  Is there a way to add a MetaName to
swishdefault, while retaining that MetaName's own separate Rank?  For
example, if I have the following MetaNames and MetaNamesRanks defined in
swish.cfg:

MetaNames keywords
MetaNamesRank 5 keywords
MetaNamesRank 0 swishdefault

I'd like users of our site's CGI web search frontend to be able to
search for "blah" in keywords without having to specify "keywords=blah".
  Is it possible to tweak my swish-e configuration to allow this, or
will I have to add some query parsing on the CGI end?  I've RTM'd, but I
could have missed something obvious.

Thanks,
-mes

to a plain text message.