Re: Windows SWISH-E

From: Z <techlistreader(at)not-real.yahoo.com>
Date: Wed Aug 09 2006 - 13:27:25 GMT
David,

That did the trick, so I am now able to do command line searches.

However when I use the search page in example/index.htm the machine locks up.

The code for query.htm doesn't seem to have errors.

Is there another example of what is required for a search somewhere?

David L Norris <dave@webaugur.com> wrote: On Tue, 2006-08-08 at 12:57 -0700, Z wrote:
> Then I went to the command line and e:swish>swish-e.exe -i subfolder*.*

> Does it not recognize mounted drives?

It should work with mounted network shares and UNC paths.  Try without
using any wildcards in the folder names.  You may have trouble with
folder* and similar.

Windows so-called "POSIX API" has some very weird limitations when
dealing with network mounted shares and UNC paths.  In some cases you
must have a trailing \ and in others you must never have a trailing \.
I've tried to deal with most of those cases but wildcards weren't on my
mind.  I have no clue how a wildcard might react.

--
 David L Norris
  http://webaugur.com/

to a plain text message.