Re: Windows SWISH-E

From: David L Norris <dave(at)not-real.webaugur.com>
Date: Tue Aug 08 2006 - 22:21:29 GMT
On Tue, 2006-08-08 at 12:57 -0700, Z wrote:
> Then I went to the command line and e:swish>swish-e.exe -i subfolder*.*

> Does it not recognize mounted drives?

It should work with mounted network shares and UNC paths.  Try without
using any wildcards in the folder names.  You may have trouble with
folder* and similar.

Windows so-called "POSIX API" has some very weird limitations when
dealing with network mounted shares and UNC paths.  In some cases you
must have a trailing \ and in others you must never have a trailing \.
I've tried to deal with most of those cases but wildcards weren't on my
mind.  I have no clue how a wildcard might react.

--
 David L Norris
  http://webaugur.com/