NTLM authentication

From: Gertjan Hofman <gertjan_hofman(at)not-real.yahoo.com>
Date: Mon Aug 07 2006 - 01:42:41 GMT
Dear Swish user,

I posted a message a while ago trying to see how to
get NTLM authentication to work in conjunction with
swish-e. It was pointed out to me that there is a Perl
module for this. It probably works, but unless some
one tells me step-by-step how to use it, it's a time
consuming route for someone who doesnt speak Perl - i
tried Perl a few years ago and decided there are many
better scripting languages around and stopped learning
and using it. Not trying to start a flaming war here,
but just an observation that if Swish becomes very
Perl focused in it's set-up, it might lose some users.

Anyway, for anyone else who is Perl-ignorant and wants
to do this, I got around the NTLM authentication
required to get to our intranet by using the ntlmap
proxy server. I downloaded the package from
sourceforge.  My edited config file is attached below.
Test it by running:

/main.py &

and fetching something with wget:

setenv http_proxy=localhost:5865
and use wget to get a file wget --proxy=on
myintranet_serve/index.htm

To use with swish-e, in the spider config file
(spider.conf.pl), switch on proxy-ing:

#  start of spider.conf.pl

my ($filter_sub, $response_sub) = swish_filter();

my %main_site = (

                 base_url  =>
'http://hmx-bi35-s6/sitemap.html',
                 email     =>
'root@bi35-sensorinfo.iac.honeywell.com',
                 keep_alive  => 1,                #
Try to keep the connection open
                 filter_content  => $filter_sub,  #
use SWISH filter
                 test_url  => sub {
                     my ($uri, $server) = @_;
                     # enable proxy requests
                     unless ($::proxy_set++) {
                         my $ua = $server->{ua};
                         $ua->proxy('http',
'http://localhost:5865');
                     }
                     # return true if not an image,
otherwise false
                     return $uri->path !~
/\.(gif|jpeg|png)$/;

                 },

                 );

@servers = ( \%main_site);

# end of spider.conf.pl

And in the main config file I have my usual stuff
plus:

IndexDir spider.pl
SwishProgParameters spider.conf.pl
IndexFile "web.index"

The formatting in the above test might be wonky
because I am using yahoo's poor mail composer.

Cheers

Gertjan

(proxy server config file).

[GENERAL]