From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)>
Date: Thu Jul 27 2006 - 18:19:55 GMT
On Thu, Jul 27, 2006 at 11:09:04AM -0700, Chad Day wrote:
> Scenario:
> =20
> I have a postgres DB that is storing files in it.  Users have various
> access levels which control access to these documents, so if a user
> searches, swish-e should not return any results that user normally
> doesn't have access to.

How about adding a metaname for the access level of the document, and
when searching always specify the access level in the query?

If user has access levels "A" and "B" then:

    -w access=(A or B) and $query

> I think the end result is the same, I'm just trying to find the best way
> to go about this and not sure if there's an easier way, or some feature
> of swish-e I might be overlooking.  I think the multiple swish-e indexes
> being built for each user access level is needed and I just control
> which index they search through the front end, but maybe swish-e can
> handle that by some method I'm unaware.

I don't think I'd use multiple indexes unless the data was huge and
there was real separation of access levels (like users only ever have
one access level).

Help with Swish-e: