(no subject)

From: Chad Day <CDay(at)not-real.mindshare.net>
Date: Thu Jul 27 2006 - 18:10:41 GMT
Scenario:

=20

I have a postgres DB that is storing files in it.  Users have various
access levels which control access to these documents, so if a user
searches, swish-e should not return any results that user normally
doesn't have access to.

=20

Would it be better to take the MySQL.pl example script, modify it and
create multiple instances of it where it selects the records based on an
access level and build out X separate search indexes (where X is the
number of possible user levels), or have multiple swish-e instances
spider via the http method with some sort of cookie that will assign the
appropriate user level?

=20

I think the end result is the same, I'm just trying to find the best way
to go about this and not sure if there's an easier way, or some feature
of swish-e I might be overlooking.  I think the multiple swish-e indexes
being built for each user access level is needed and I just control
which index they search through the front end, but maybe swish-e can
handle that by some method I'm unaware.

=20

Thanks,

Chad