Re: Using swish-e with one structured document

From: Richard Lewis <richardlewis(at)not-real.fastmail.co.uk>
Date: Thu Jul 27 2006 - 13:48:24 GMT
On Tuesday 25 July 2006 17:44, Richard Lewis wrote:

> Is it possible to get it to say /where/ in a document it found a result?
> And, even better, get it to say what the id attribute of the parent element
> of the matching word was?

So is this is just not possible? Or is it really easy and obvious and have I
just missed it in the docs?

One problem I'll have with splitting the large documents into fragments is the
amount of space having lots of small files takes up (i.e. a lot more than the
sum of their sizes). Potential solutions include using the XFS filesystem
(rather than ext3) or putting them in an ISO image and loopback mounting it.

The other thing I've just thought of is using the -S prog option when creating
the index and using an XPath or possibly XSLT processing tool to extract the
document fragments for indexing. This would allow me to index each fragment
with its @id attribute.

Any thoughts still welcome!

Cheers,
Richard