Re: Ranking order based on file extension

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Sun Jul 16 2006 - 13:57:09 GMT
On Sun, Jul 16, 2006 at 03:38:25AM -0700, Shivakumar GN wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am using swish to search a large repository of files that are in
> html,pdf & doc format and serve the search results to the web clients.
> I have a requirement to reduce the ranking of a file if it has pdf or
> doc extension.

Would have been fun to be in that meeting.  Everyone knows it's not
the content that's important but the container.  Much of the U.S.
consumer economy is based on that.

> From swish documentation or the discussion archives, I couldn't find
> any details along these lines.
> Can the rank order be customized based on file extension, if so how
> can this be done.

You are right.  Swish doesn't give you a way to implement such a
thing.  You would need to either modify the source code or sort your
results first by file extension (ExtractPath) then by rank and show
your results in groups.