Re: Swish-e PDF titles in search results

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Thu Jul 13 2006 - 14:41:15 GMT
On Thu, Jul 13, 2006 at 03:34:29PM +0100, Luke Simmons wrote:

> and no <title>Jan Feb 06</title>
>
> Do I need to add the title method in SWISH::Filters::Pdf2HTML.pm?
> Is there something I should be adding to the swish config file to use
> with the converted pdf data (i.e. the HTML)?

Oh yes. I forgot that the pdf converter doesn't have a default for
the title.

You would need to modify DirTree.pl where it calls filter:

    my %user_data;
    $user_data{pdf}{title_tag} = 'title';

    $was_filtered = $filter->filter(
        document  => $filename,
        user_data => \%user_data,
    );

But, there's other options:

You could try aliasing the title meta to swishtitle.

Maybe:

    MetaNameAlias swishtitle title