(no subject)

From: Peter Karman <peter(at)>
Date: Fri Jul 07 2006 - 14:28:56 GMT
I thought I would run through an quick install on my WinXP box and doc
how I did it. But after installing Swish-e it proved difficult for me to
do in less than an hour and I gave up.

Perhaps another windows user could do better. I found that I had to hack
the script to correctly quote the 'use lib' include lines and
then when that worked, PATH was goofy with regard to / vs \ etc.

So I gave up.

My suggestion: use Linux. It may be that more recent builds of the
Windows version fix the problems I found - Dave would know.

CARUSO Holly scribbled on 7/7/06 12:27 AM:
> Hi,
> I have been posting to get help with installing Swish-e on my Windows XP
> machine to have it index a single pdf file.
> I can't seem to get anything working.
> I have seen the following steps at:
> However, they don't seem to help the cause.
> Could someone please provide step by step from installation of
> ActivePerl to get swish-e to index a pdf, including changes to all .pl,
> conf, .in, .cgi files, anything done to make it work.
> I presume this information would be very useful to other windows users.
> Thank you very much in advance.
> Cheers.

Peter Karman  .  .  peter(at)