Re: aliasing the search in swish-e

From: Peter Karman <peter(at)not-real.peknet.com>
Date: Wed Jun 21 2006 - 16:49:51 GMT
the best way to get results for certain words is to make sure they are
in the document set. There's no sense of a word 'alias' in swish-e. You
either need to add those words to your documents (usually via a filter
when indexing), or add logic in your searching code to search for
'mailfilter' whenever any of the other magic words appear in a query string.

your last requirement, showing all 'mailfilter' matches when there are
no hits for the original query, needs to be done in the search code
anyway, so that might be the best place to do everything.

you don't mention if you are using any of the supplied scripts:
swish.cgi, search.cgi, etc.

pek

sivabalakrishnan scribbled on 6/19/06 7:17 AM: