Re: Simple question (breaking the silence again)

From: Linda W. (that's swishey, not squishey!) <swishey(at)not-real.tlinx.org>
Date: Fri Jun 09 2006 - 01:27:32 GMT
Bill Moseley wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 08, 2006 at 05:02:20PM -0700, Linda W. (that's swishey, not squishey!) wrote:
>> Seems like may be a problem in configure -- there seems to be
>> code that says if a system has a windows.h include file then it
>> is automatically a windows system.
>
> Would it be easier to user the pre-compiled windows version?
----
Probably, but it likely would not work with my cygwin mounts and pathnames
(not to mention my preference for compiling from sources on windows)...

Right now, I have everything mounted under "/", which is equivalent
to "/c/."  But, I also have '/s' => 'S:\', '/m' => 'M:\'.

Also, my shell is Bash, and it's seems like it is the shell that is
complaining about not understanding Windows pathnames:
"sh: usrbincattdoc not found", or
"sh: \usr\bin\catdoc not found" (when I double the backslash).

I've been using updpatedb/locate to find files, and grep to look for
contents, but since most of my development work is done in the
linux or cygwin environment, windows paths would cause problems.

I believe many of the unix utils I use would likely have fits with
"\" used as a dirname separator.

:-<
linda