(no subject)

From: SMALL, SHERIDAN <S.SMALL(at)not-real.staff.covcollege.ac.uk>
Date: Thu May 18 2006 - 11:00:17 GMT
Hi,

=20

I am having some trouble using the select_by_meta directive in the
swishcgi.conf file I have also tried using variations of ExtractPath
with no sucsess.=20

=20

The problem is that I want to limit the search to paths with
values"/courses/" and "/news/" not "courses" or "news".

The reason is that I have URLs like the following:-

=20

http://nymphswww.covcollege.ac.uk/email.php?title=3DA/AS%20levels%20-%20P=
rt%20Time%20Courses

=20

http://nymphswww.covcollege.ac.uk/courses/template.php?debug=3D1&cat=3Dnu=
ll&
code=3DIDAAD1F1&idx=3Dnull&title=3DBTEC%20Introductory%20Diploma%20in%20A=
rt%20
%20and%20Design

=20

I do not want the first included only the second including /courses/.

=20

And

http://nymphswww.covcollege.ac.uk/email.php?title=3DNews%20item%20-%20A%2=
0
Slice%20of%20Success

=20

http://nymphswww.covcollege.ac.uk/sections/News/index.php?id=3D227&title=3D=
%20Slice%20of%20Success

=20

Note the /News/ which I want is preceeded by /sections/.

=20

I have tried using=20

=20

select_by_meta  =3D> {

            ***

            metaname    =3D> 'swishdocpath',     # Can't be a metaname
used elsewhere!

            values      =3D> [qw '/courses/', '/news/' ],

            ***

But the "/"s are ignored.

=20

I am indexing over http using base_url    =3D>
'http://nymphswww.covcollege.ac.uk/index.php',

I have tried=20

=20

ExtractPath News regex
!^http://nymphswww.covcollege.ac.uk/sections/([^/]+)/.*$!$1!=20

ExtractPath site regex
!^http://nymphswww.covcollege.ac.uk/([^/]+)/.*$!$1!

=20

(Both work one at a time.)

=20

With both =20

=20

metaname    =3D> 'site', 'News',     # Can't be a metaname used =
elsewhere!

=20

Or else with both of these together.

=20

select_by_meta  =3D> {

            ***

            metaname    =3D> 'site',     # Can't be a metaname used
elsewhere!

            values      =3D> [qw/ courses /],

            ***

=20

select_by_meta  =3D> {

            ****

            metaname    =3D> 'News',     # Can't be a metaname used
elsewhere!

            values      =3D> [qw/ News /],

            ****

But only the second gets displayed.

=20

And=20

=20

MetaNames swishdocpath swishtitle site

ExtractPath site regex
!^http://nymphswww.covcollege.ac.uk/sections/([^/]+)/.*$!$1! ExtractPath
site regex !^http://nymphswww.covcollege.ac.uk/([^/]+)/.*$!$1!

=20

With

select_by_meta  =3D> {

            ***

            metaname    =3D> 'site',     # Can't be a metaname used
elsewhere!

            values      =3D> [qw/ courses News /],

            ***

=20

Only the first regex gets used.

=20

Is there a way to get the search I want?

=20

Thanks in advance,

=20

Sheridan Small