Re: Compile Swish under windows

From: David L Norris <dave(at)not-real.webaugur.com>
Date: Mon May 08 2006 - 16:59:52 GMT
On Mon, 2006-05-08 at 07:04 -0700, Peter Karman wrote:
> have you tried installing the swish-e port for windows and linking
> against that version of libswishe?

Well, there are no import libraries or headers included with the Swish-e
Windows installer.  Windows doesn't have runtime linking like on UNIX.
Windows executables link against static libraries which manually connect
each function in the DLL.  I didn't include development libraries and
headers for reasons which elude my memory.

Short answer: compile both swish-e then swish_php from source using a
version of MSVC which PHP supports and you should end up with a set of
libraries and such that work together.  You may need to link zlib into
swish_php.  The MSVC debugger will generate errors telling you which
functions are missing if you miss a library, of course.

If I have time some day I'll see if it's possible to include swish_php
in Windows builds.  Highly unlikely but maybe not impossible.  Looking
back in my email, that's something we (Peter and I) briefly discussed a
year ago (May 10 2005).  I suppose it's just not been a frequently
requested feature.  2 mentions in two years...

--
 David L Norris
  http://webaugur.com/