ANNOUNCE: Sman 0.99 Released (indexer for man pages)

From: Josh Rabinowitz <joshr-swishe(at)not-real.joshr.com>
Date: Wed May 03 2006 - 15:13:55 GMT
Hello Everyone:

I've just released Sman version 0.99! This is a bug and security fix over the
previous version.

Sman is a replacement for 'man -k' and 'apropos' based on Swish-e
and Perl. Sman indexes the complete text of your system's man pages
and runs on all tested UNIX-like OS's, including OS X, Linux,
FreeBSD, Solaris, and others.

Sman can be installed through CPAN by typing:
     % sudo cpan Sman

Sman 0.99 is now on CPAN at
     http://search.cpan.org/~joshr/Sman/
as well as on my website at
     http://joshr.com/src/sman
it should also soon be on freshmeat at
     http://freshmeat.net/projects/sman/

Changes since version 0.98:

0.99   Tue May 02 2006
	Avoid warnings from sman-update for nonexistant dirs in manpath
	Be more careful about configuration files and temp files
	Changes for win32 under cygwin
	Typo fixes and rewordings in docs, more TODO changes
	Little changes to sman-defaults.conf
	Added dependencies to Makefile.PL
	POD error in sman.conf.pm fixed as per cpants
	Tests added to test POD and POD coverage

Please let me know if you have any comments or discover any bugs.
Again, links for Sman are above!

Thanks,
     Josh Rabinowitz
     http://joshr.com