Re: Help needed to compiling in windows

From: David L Norris <dave(at)not-real.webaugur.com>
Date: Thu Apr 27 2006 - 16:22:45 GMT
On Thu, 2006-04-27 at 04:34 -0700, Ander wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I'm trying to cross-compile swish-e for windows on ubuntu following the
> instructions in http://swishewiki.org/index.php/Win32#Building
> but I'm having errors that abort the make operation. First, it says that
> it can't find regex.h library and stops. If I copy that library in the
> src folder, the compilation goes ahead but also fails some time after.
> The error now is something related to regexp too. Does anyone know
> what's going on?

It looks like you're not running ./configure with the correct options.

Look at src/win32/build.sh to see how you need to configure.
Specifically, you must point --with-pcre, --with-libxml2, --with-zlib
each to the location where you have installed native Win32 versions of
those programs.  You'd need to configure something like this:

HA=i586-mingw32msvc
BA=i686-linux
/configure --prefix=${PWD}/../prefix \
        --cache-file=config.cross.cache \
        --disable-docs \
        --host=${HA} \
        --target=${HA} \
        --build=${BA} \
        --with-libxml2=$PWD/../libxml2 \
        --with-zlib=$PWD/../zlib \
        --with-pcre=$PWD/../pcre \
        --enable-shared

Those directories would look something like this:
$ ls -1 ../pcre/ ../zlib ../libxml2
./libxml2:
bin
include