Re: Indexing Links

From: intervolved none <intervolved(at)not-real.yahoo.com>
Date: Thu Apr 27 2006 - 13:18:05 GMT
I tried that.  The spider then ignores the links as well and does not index the pages.

  (swishe ver 2.42)

Michael Peters <mpeters@plusthree.com> wrote:

intervolved none wrote:
> Thank you for the response.
>
> Actually I do not care if the text within the the tag is indexed. I just want the links followed and indexed. I do not want the text in the tags stored in my description property.

So you want the spider (I'm assuming you're using the spider to index,
right?) to follow the links, but the indexer to skip the text?

I think you can just wrap the links in /
tags and it will work. Those tell the
indexer to not index, but I'm pretty sure the spider just ignores them.

--
Michael Peters
Developer

How low will we go? Check out Yahoo! Messengerís low  PC-to-Phone call rates.

to a plain text message.