wrong cgi on results pages

From: Brian Dichter <bdichter(at)not-real.d214.org>
Date: Wed Apr 19 2006 - 16:25:22 GMT
Hi there. I've been scratching my head on this one for awhile and would
greatly appreciate some help.

About 6 months ago I installed SWISH-E 2.4.3 running on OS X 10.3.8
(Darwin Kernel Version 7.8.0).

I need a separate index for 7 websites (all hosted on the same box). So, I
created separate directories in the cgi-bin, one for each website to be
indexed. Each index was created using `swish-e -c swish.conf` in each of
the separate cgi directories. After getting the first site <www.d214.org>
to work, I merely copied the directory and just tweaked the files
appropriately to reflect the other sites.

The first site <www.d214.org> works perfectly. The other six sites have
the following problem. <bghs.d214.org>, for example, returns the results
fine but if I try to enter a different search in the text field at the top
of any of the results pages and click search, the form goes on to process
the original cgi for <www.d214.org> instead of the bghs cgi script.

I have reviewed the config files and the cgi exhaustively but I'm still
missing why the bghs search returns the results page with a link to the
wrong cgi. This of course is happening with all 6 of the sites that I
created after the first working site.

Here is what swish.conf looks like for bghs.d214.org:

# swish.conf
IndexDir /Library/WebServer/bghs/

IndexOnly .html .htm default.html default.htm .php

ReplaceRules replace "/Library/WebServer/bghs/" ""

StoreDescription HTML* <body> 20000

IndexFile ./swish.index

Here is what swishcgi.conf looks like for bghs.d214.org:

       return {
           title           => 'Search bghs.d214.org',
           swish_index     => 'swish.index',

           template => {
               package         => 'SWISH::TemplateToolkit',
               file            => 'swish.tt',
               options         => {

                     INCLUDE_PATH    => '/usr/local/share/swish-e/',
              },
           },
        };

Thanks in advance for any assistance. 8)

Brian Dichter
District Technology Systems Supervisor
Township High School District 214
2121 Goebbert Road
Arlington Heights, IL 60005
bdichter@d214.org
847.718.6565 tel
847.718.7673 fax

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known."
-- Carl Sagan

All e-mail correspondence to and from this address is subject to the Acceptable Use Policies of District 214, which may result in monitoring and disclosure to third parties, including law enforcement.  Any views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and might not represent those of Township High School District 214.