economy mode

From: Eric Lease Morgan <eric_morgan(at)not-real.infomotions.com>
Date: Sun Apr 02 2006 - 16:26:44 GMT
While swish-e is running in economy mode my disk seems to be
thrashing, and I'm wondering what swish-e is doing.

I have a 1.2 GB file. I am parsing this file and passing the output
to swish-e so it can index the file using the -S prog switch. I also
used the -e switch because my processor and RAM are limited. Swish-e
then created bunches o' temporary files, like it is suppose to do. My
drive is not full but close, 86% full. Swish-e has now been running
for just less than a day. Currently the .temp and .prop.temp files
are 420 MB and 720 MB in size, respectively The size of the .temp
file is getting bigger, but it doesn't change except after a number
of hours.

There is *a lot* of disk I/O going on. It pains me to listen to it.
What is swish-e doing and when might it be done?

--
Eric Lease Morgan