Re: Handling Embedded Markup

From: Peter Karman <peter(at)not-real.peknet.com>
Date: Tue Mar 21 2006 - 03:55:56 GMT
seems like the document property should be getting <>& etc converted
into entities and/or escaped anyway, yes? Swish-e doesn't parse the
property text it stores for any kind of validity; it just keeps pushing
chars onto the end of the string till it reaches the limit set in the
config.

so I think the answer is, if you store special chars (<>&) in your
properties, it's your responsibility to escape them properly in your
display code. I would assume the asp lib has html escape() method of
some kind.

Sean scribbled on 3/20/06 9:05 PM: