Catdoc application errors and versions

From: Sean <schliden(at)>
Date: Sat Mar 18 2006 - 06:22:56 GMT
I have a quick question regarding catdoc.exe

I have just downloaded the lastest version: swish-e-2.4.3-win32.exe

All seems to be working ok except I am having trouble with catdoc
causing application errors during the indexing process.

This would not be such a problem except that:

1. I can't tell which files are tripping up catdoc (So can't exclude them)
2. The indexing is stopped until I acent to the Dr Watson (Ok,
Cancel,Help) dialog.

The combination of these mean that scheduling index operations is not
viable. Rather I have to sit at the console and ok all of the errors.

Anyway, in my reading, I have noticed that dave offers win32 binaries
of catdoc on the website.

The problem is that none of the versions of catdoc seem to have
versioning information in them and I am not sure which is the
best/latest/most likely to work correctly.

Any suggestions as to the best version of catdoc that will support
long filenames.

Running:  swish-e-2.4.3-win32 on Windows 2000 SP4