Re: swish.cgi configuration file

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Wed Mar 08 2006 - 15:24:29 GMT
On Wed, Mar 08, 2006 at 04:02:22AM -0800, Pierre CARLIER wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm just beginning to use SWISH-E 2.4.3 to index and retrieve documents on
> "Rep International" intranet web site. And it works fine !
>
> I'd like to use a single (and standard) swish.cgi with several config
> files, in order to use several configuration sets depending on the
> context.
>
> In the documentation, I've read that the default configuration file is
> swishcgi.conf. But what about alternative config files ?
> In other words, is there a parameter to associate with the url
> ../swish.cgi?.... to set the adequate file ?
> Or what is the correct method to achieve this goal ?

Depends on how you are running the script.

Look at swish.cgi -- there's a "handler" subroutine that's used for
mod_perl and you can see how it sets the config file based on a config
setting in Apache's httpd.conf.

You can use that as an example.  You could easily look at the request
path to set the config file.  If running as a cgi script (and not
under IIS) then just place the script (or a link to the script)
in different directories and then it will look for .swishcgi.conf in
the current directory.