Page body not shown

From: Vsevolod (Simon) Ilyushchenko <simonf(at)not-real.cshl.edu>
Date: Mon Feb 27 2006 - 16:01:24 GMT
Hi,

I apologize if it's a FAQ, but I can't figure out how to make swish-e
show the excerpts containing the search term, if it's possible at all.
When I use swish.cgi, I get results like:

6 Chapter:7 Protocol:10 Mapping RNA with Nuclease S1 -- rank: 912
     (null)
     Last Modified Date:
     Document Size:	43875
     Document Path:
http://www.website.com/members/protocol.jsp?pronumber=10&chpnumber=7

So the title 'Chapter:7 Protocol:10 Mapping RNA with Nuclease S1' shows
up, but not the body, which actually contains the search term.

I'm using swish-e 2.4.3 that indexes a bunch of static web pages fetched
by the spider script (not visible from the Internet).
The spider was run like this:

/lib/swish-e/spider.pl spider.config > spider.output.txt

then the contents was indexed like this:
/bin/swish-e -c mc.swish.config -S prog -i stdin < spider.output.txt
(and the output file contains the bodies).

If I try the command line search:
/bin/swish-e -w purchase -f index.swish-e

I only get document titles without an option to show bodies - is that
normal?

Here's the config file:

***
IndexReport 3

# Want to index main index file, so we index the root instead of "content".
IndexDir .

# Skip these folders:
#FileRules dirname contains /generateditems/
#FileRules dirname contains /images/
#FileRules dirname contains /misc/
#FileRules dirname contains /old/
#FileRules dirname contains .noindex
#FileRules dirname contains .no

IndexOnly .jsp
IndexContents HTML* .jsp

# Must be here to be indexed as a searchable "field".
# (except for swishdefault, which indexes everything).
#MetaNames html title

# This is so that the search field will show up as "title".
#MetaNameAlias title swishtitle
***

Thanks,
Simon
--

Simon (Vsevolod ILyushchenko)   simonf@cshl.edu
				http://www.simonf.com

"Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought."

		         Henri Bergson