Re: Callback Functions For Indexing

From: andy rosbrook <andy_rosbrook(at)not-real.hotmail.com>
Date: Sun Feb 05 2006 - 16:44:01 GMT
Ok, ive been experimenting with the callback functions. I'm a bit confused
as to what i can do through them?

I'd just like to know if there is anyway i could write to a database with
two fields:

indexing_result | indexing_error

and if the indexing is successfuly i can just write TRUE to the database, if
the indexing is not successfull then i would like to write FALSE to the
database and write the error that meant indexing failed.

I've been trying to pipe out STDERR and have been trying to create an
indexing API, just wondering if the problem above can be solved through
callback functions? Is it possible to write out the DEBUG info to a database
through a callback function?

sorry for all the questions!!
andy