Re: Compiling under windows. Help needed.

From: David L Norris <dave(at)not-real.webaugur.com>
Date: Tue Jan 24 2006 - 16:46:41 GMT
On Tue, 2006-01-24 at 02:38 -0800, Ander wrote:
> I need help to compile swish-e in windows(W2K). I've allways worked in
> linux so I'm very,very new in windows compiling.

Do you need to compile Swish-e on Windows?  There are Windows installers
here:
  http://swish-e.org/download/

> Can anyone tell me what are the steps I must follow? Which tools do I need? I've both DJGPP and Visual Studio c++.
> I've been reading the documentation but I'm very confused.

There aren't specifically any instructions for building Swish-e on
Windows.  I use mingw32 on Linux to build Swish-e.  There are fairly
detailed instructions and information on cross-building Swish-e for
Windows on Debian.  You may want to read all of the information here:
  http://swishewiki.org/index.php/Win32#Building

DJGPP is a DOS compiler so you don't want to use that.

--
 David L Norris
  http://webaugur.com/