Re: word present in index but not returned in search results

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Wed Jan 11 2006 - 19:12:35 GMT
On Wed, Jan 11, 2006 at 12:59:50PM -0600, K. Dean Grant wrote:
> We are trying to convince the users to move to another system and are
> therefore uni-interested in upgrading.

Makes sense.  Although I can't think of anything that might cause
problems by upgrading.  Just indexes faster and uses less memory, and
mostly had debugging features that would pinpoint the source of the
problem you are having.

> I'm not sure what you mean when you say it might be indexed under a
> different meta name. The word in the example I gave, "apple", was just a
> regular word in the body of the HTML file and that is how it appeared in the
> decoded index file.

I can't decode those numbers, so I can not tell you if that word is
indexed under the default metaname or not.  Clearly the word is in the
index, but it's not being fetched under the default metaname, so one
option is that it's indexed under a different metaname, or the other
option is there's a bug which will never get fixed in that old version
of swish.