word present in index but not returned in search results

From: K. Dean Grant <dean.grant(at)not-real.gmail.com>
Date: Wed Jan 11 2006 - 17:11:35 GMT
We have an older installation of Swish-e (1.3). The system has worked well
enough, but recently a problem has been identified by one of our users. A
couple of words which are within the document set do not return any results=
.

I have decoded the index file and have found that at least one of the words
in question does appear in the index:

apple: 5 5800 15 1 6 5800 15 1 106 5800 15 1 934 5800 15 1 2040 5800 15 1
2073 5800 15 1 2096 5800 15 1 2306 5800 15 1 2353 5800 15 1 2762 5800 15 1
3310 5800 15 1 4348 5800 15 1

However, when I perform a search on the index using this word no results ar=
displayed:

[root]# swish-e -m 10000 -f index.swish -w "apple"
# SWISH format 1.3
# Swish-e format 1.3
#
# Name: Main Index
# Saved as: index.swish
# Counts: 252008528 words, 4397 files
# Indexed on: 11/01/06 09:50:47 CST
# Pointer: http://www.mysite.com
# Maintained by: Webmaster
# DocumentProperties: Enabled
# Stemming Applied: 252008576
# Search words: apple
err: no results
.

I have been looking at the values within the decoded index for answers. Suc=
as where the words were found / relevance (15), etc. I have found a few
other words within the index within simliar scores and I am able to find
them without any problem.

Does anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening? Are there are place=
I can look to get more information on this keyword (other than the decoded
index file)? Is there any other information I should give you to help solve
this frustrating problem?

Thanks,

Dean

to a plain text message.