Re: Configuring the swish results page

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)>
Date: Tue Dec 06 2005 - 21:06:02 GMT
On Tue, Dec 06, 2005 at 03:24:44PM -0500, wrote:
> > Read the "install" doc.  There's an example there of setting that
> > up.
> >
> > Then, read the docs on swish.cgi and/or search.cgi as those both allow
> > term highlighting and/or snippets returned from searches.
> I must be looking in the wrong place. I have been back and forward on the
> swish-e website reading the "install" section. While I see ways to limits
> results via the meta data, I don't see any information (or am simply
> missing it) about configuring which fields are returned as part of search
> results.

Or more specifically:

Then the next sub-section talks about the SWISH-CONFIG and SWISH-RUN
pages that detail options for indexing and searching.

Then farther down the same page:

which is a complete example session on spidering and searching.

> Likewise, I'm not seeing docs for search.cgi or swish.cgi. Is this
> something I will find only in the downloaded source?

No, they are hidden under the heading "documentation" on the menu.

Bill Moseley