Re: Modifying the screen prompts in swish.cgi

From: David Larkin <david.larkin(at)not-real.djl.co.uk>
Date: Sat Dec 03 2005 - 10:41:19 GMT
On Fri, 2 Dec 2005 07:05:19 -0800 (PST)
"J. David Boyd" <david@adboyd.com> wrote:

> Bill Moseley wrote:
> > On Fri, Dec 02, 2005 at 06:00:24AM -0800, J. David Boyd wrote:
> >
> >>This works well for the initial showing of the screen, but when
> >>displaying search results it is right back to the 'advanced' mode.
> >>
> >>Is there someway to have it always be in 'brief' mode?  I wouldn't even
> >>mind totally removing the 'advanced' link from the page.
> >>
> >>I know no CGI, and don't have a great amount of time to read any books
> >>or learn any.  The few things I messed around with in show_form() and
> >>swish.cgi all just broke the search facility.
> >

> > Search TempalteDefault.pm for "brief".
> >
> >     my $advanced_form = $q->param('brief')
> >                         ? $advanced_link
> >                         : <<EOF;
> >         $meta_select_list
> >         $sorts
> >         $select_index
> >         $limit_select
> >         $date_ranges_select
> > EOF
> >
> > Maybe
> >
> >     my $advanced_form = $advanced_link;
> >

> Thank you very much!  It works wonderfully.

I want to do the same thing.

But, if I change TempalteDefault.pm , won't that effect every search form of every application ?

I'm building on my own machine where I have root access and can change the SWISH files, but later I will want to install on another machine with standard SWISH where other apps may be relying on a standard TempalteDefault.pm.

Is there a way I can achieve this just for the one app or one form ?

I guess I could copy TempalteDefault.pm to customTempalteDefault.pm,
would I then need to change all occurences of "SWISH::TempalteDefault" with "SWISH::customTempalteDefault" ?

Sorry, this is more of a perl query than a swish-e query , but could i keep customTempalteDefault.pm in a local directory, and if so how do I ensure it gets used ? do I just drop the "SWISSH::" prefix in swish.cgi ?