Re: Index one big file with several entry

From: goaper julien <pennguen(at)not-real.yahoo.fr>
Date: Sat Dec 03 2005 - 04:21:47 GMT
Ok!

    So I have to make a parser that splits my Big file into ~XML format.

    Thanks a lot for the answer and the "-S" option.

Peter Karman <peter@peknet.com> a écrit :  You need to split that big file up into smaller, virtual files, with a script.
Otherwise swish-e will just say, "yup, that doc matches".

So you need to parse your file so that it outputs something like:

  0001
  entry1
  blue grey green

.

and pipe it to -S prog a'la DirTree.pl or spider.pl. See SWISH-RUN man page for
how to use -S prog with appropriate headers.

pek

goaper julien scribbled on 12/2/05 8:39 PM:

>  Hello,
>
>   I begin with Swish-e and I wonder me how to index just one big file.
>
>   I have a file like with several entrys :
>
>   NUM 0001
>   DES entry1
>   KWD blue grey green
>   (...)
>   NUM 0002
>   DES entry2
>   KWD left right
>   (...)
>   NUM 4284
>   DES entry 4284
>   KWD football tennis
>   (...)
>   NUM 9856
>     DES entry 9856
>     KWD julian bob
>     (...)
>

>  I'd like to index these big file to make a search which give me the num  of the entry. Ex : if I am searching for the keyword "football", I want  to have the number of the entry (4284).
>
>   Is it possible?
>
>   Thanks.

>  Appel audio GRATUIT partout dans le monde avec le nouveau Yahoo! Messenger
>  Téléchargez le ici !

> Due to deletion of content types excluded from this list by policy,
> this multipart message was reduced to a single part, and from there
> to a plain text message.

 Téléchargez le ici !

to a plain text message.