Re: Modifying the screen prompts in swish.cgi

From: J. David Boyd <david(at)not-real.adboyd.com>
Date: Fri Dec 02 2005 - 14:01:50 GMT
Bill Moseley wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 10, 2005 at 12:16:45PM -0800, J. David Boyd wrote:
>
>>I am definitively no Perl guru, so can anyone pass along a clue as to
>>where in TemplateDefault.pl or swish.cgi I need to go to modify the code
>>so that the defaults are kept, but the prompts for
>>
>>Limit search to:
>>Sort by:
>>Limit to:
>>Select Date Range:
>>
>>no longer show, and don't take up any space?
>

> Try adding ?brief=1 to the URL and see if that clears things up.
>
> Then look at "show_form()" subroutine in TemplateDefault.

This works well for the initial showing of the screen, but when
displaying search results it is right back to the 'advanced' mode.

Is there someway to have it always be in 'brief' mode?  I wouldn't even
mind totally removing the 'advanced' link from the page.

I know no CGI, and don't have a great amount of time to read any books
or learn any.  The few things I messed around with in show_form() and
swish.cgi all just broke the search facility.

Dave in Largo, FL