Re: swish-e and bibtex

From: Bas van Gils <basvg(at)>
Date: Fri Dec 02 2005 - 11:03:34 GMT
On Thu, Dec 01, 2005 at 08:41:39AM -0800, Peter Karman wrote:
> if you had the disk space, then you could create a real .xml file. That
> effectively doubles the required disk space for your doc collection. I
> personally wouldn't want to use that much space, unless I was re-indexing
> often, so I would just write a script (similar to or
> that created a XML doc in memory and then printed to stdout. swish-e can
> read from stdin, so it would look like:
>  myscript | swish-e -S prog -i stdin
[ ... ]

Hi again,

Well, it worked :-) It didn't even take me long to write the script that
generated the proper output. I published the script (and a small howto to
summarize my experiences so far) on

Perhaps someone else can also benefit from it then. Thansk for the help so far

<Bas.vanGils(at)> - GPG Key ID: 2768A493  -
Radboud University Nijmegen Institute for Computing and Information Sciences