Re: PDF or postcript docs ?

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Thu Dec 01 2005 - 19:29:55 GMT
On Thu, Dec 01, 2005 at 08:23:43PM +0000, David Larkin wrote:
> Is it necessary to install swish-e , and 3rd party tools simply to get a copy of documentation in .pdf ?

Oh.  Yes, that's true.  But I doubt make pdf works any more.

> why can't it be on the website ?

It's only available to those on the Premier Service Plan.

> It seems reasonable to me that someone might want to read documentation before deciding they want to install and use it, or might not have a machine to install it on.

Actually, that seems to be not very common.  Most people tend to try
and use it before reading the documentation.

Regardless, here at Swish-e.com we care about the environment. We don't
support formats the promote deforestation and ozone depletion.

> make pdf does nothing for me .... very frustrating

Again, the INSTALL doc is plain text.  Why can't you print that?

   http://swish-e.org/Discussion/

Help with Swish-e:
   http://swish-e.org/current/docs
   swish-e@sunsite.berkeley.edu