Re: swish-e and bibtex

From: Peter Karman <peter(at)not-real.peknet.com>
Date: Thu Dec 01 2005 - 16:41:49 GMT
> What do you mean with 'virtual XML file' ? Perhaps the word 'virtual' puts
> me
> on the wrong track here. Do you mean: simply create a shellscript that
> generates an XML file as explained above and then index this xml file?

if you had the disk space, then you could create a real .xml file. That
effectively doubles the required disk space for your doc collection. I
personally wouldn't want to use that much space, unless I was re-indexing
often, so I would just write a script (similar to DirTree.pl or spider.pl)
that created a XML doc in memory and then printed to stdout. swish-e can
read from stdin, so it would look like:

 myscript | swish-e -S prog -i stdin

If you do it in Perl, look at the SWISH::Filter modules for examples of
creating the virtual doc and filtering from PDF, etc.

--
Peter Karman . http://peknet.com/ . peter(at)not-real.peknet.com