swish-e and bibtex

From: Bas van Gils <basvg(at)not-real.cs.ru.nl>
Date: Thu Dec 01 2005 - 15:07:01 GMT
Hi all,

I recently learned about swish-e and have started using it today. The problem
I am faced with is to search in scientific articles:

- their full text, usually in .pdf format
- their bibliographic data in BiBTeX format

the way I have organized things is to give each article a separate .bib file
and a .pdf file and create a single index. That way I can just:

  swish-e -w "Einstein 2005" | grep -i bib

to find all .bib files with the words 'Eindstein 2005' in it. Fine. After
browsing the documentation I learned that wildcards are only supported at the
ending of a word and that is rather annoying. Suppose, for example, I want to
search those .bib files where this Einstein figure is an editor. That is,
match lines like:

  editor = "Einstein",

in my .bib files. I had hoped that

  swish-e -w "editor.*einstein"

would work but that's not the case obviously. I've browsed the web a bit but
haven't found a satisfying solution yet. Is anyone here using swish-e to index
BiBTeX data already? Thoughts on how to deal with this kind of searchers? Any
help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

  Bas

--
<Bas.vanGils(at)not-real.cs.ru.nl> - GPG Key ID: 2768A493  -  http://www.cs.ru.nl/~basvg
Radboud University Nijmegen Institute for Computing and Information Sciences