Re: PDF or postcript docs ?

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)>
Date: Thu Dec 01 2005 - 13:09:20 GMT
On Thu, Dec 01, 2005 at 04:04:23AM -0800, David Larkin wrote:
> Hi,
> I've just downloaded swish-e for the first time.
> The online documentation seems very comprehensive, but I'm
> struggling to find a primer.

Read the INSTALL doc.

> How come it is so difficult to get hardcopy documentation

> Do I really need to install lots of 3rd party tools ?

Yes, unless they are already installed.  Most are very easy to install
on most platforms.  Just keep reminding yourself swish-e is just a
tool, not a complete search "solution."

> Can i not download the pdf from somewhere ?

There used to be pdf and ps but we didn't add that feature
when redoing the site.  But they are all pod, so pod2text | lpr
should work, I'd think.  Or install on your laptop and save the

Help with Swish-e: